What would you do if a major disaster hit the District?
Emergencies can occur quickly and without warning. The best way to keep yourself and your family safe is to be prepared before an emergency strikes.
Get ready now. We encourage all households in the District of Columbia to take these four steps to prepare for an emergency:
- Get Informed - Get the official information you need during an emergency.
- Make a Plan - Make a plan for you and your family to be prepared for all hazards.
- Make an Emergency Go Kit - Make an emergency kit that can last at least 72hours after a disaster.
- Be Aware - Be aware of your surroundings and report suspicious behavior to the proper authorities.
Emergency Resource Information
- Amber Alerts
- Dept. of Homeland Security
- Centers for Disease Control
- Red Cross
- Humane Society of the US
- National Next of Kin Registry
- Emergency Preparation Videos
- Bioterrorism Preparedness
- Fire Services
- Department of Health
- Evacuation Routes
- Sign up for DCDocs
- Serve DC