Are you interested in a career in Homeland Security and Emergency Management?
About The Agency
The District of Columbia Homeland Security and Emergency Management Agency is a unique and dynamic organization dedicated to protecting against, planning for, responding to, and recovering from natural and man-made hazards.
About the Program
- Criminal Justice
- Emergency Management
- English Writing - Rhetoric
- Homeland Security
- Intelligence Analysis
- Information Technology/Computer Science
- International Relations
- Political Science
- Public Administration/Policy
- Public Communication/Relations
A highly qualified applicant will possess the following: self-motivation, attention to detail, critical thinking skills, excellent oral and written communication skills, and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
The HSEMA Internship Program is offered in three sessions each year: Fall, Summer and Spring with six unique directorates listed below. Please select a directorate below for more information regarding the specific position and session dates. Application requirements are listed on the bottom of each announcement.
Application due August 6, 2017:
- OPPORTUNITY 2 - External Affairs-Policy
- OPPORTUNITY 3 - Finance and Administration Division
- OPPORTUNITY 4 - Information Technology Directoriate
- OPPORTUNITY 5 - Operations Directorate
- OPPORTUNITY 6 - Preparedness Directorate - Planning Division