The Training and Exercise Division develops and maintains professional partnerships with many public and private institutions so that we may meet the training needs of the District. Training on advanced emergency management and incident response topics is available to approved personnel through the Division.
This includes Federal training at the Emergency Management Institute, the US Fire Academy, the Office of Domestic Preparedness, the Energetic Materials Research and Testing Center in New Mexico and the Nevada Test Site of the National Nuclear Security Administration.
Once an application is approved by an immediate supervisor, it has to be submitted to the HSEMA Training Officer : via e-mail ([email protected]) or faxed to (202) 715-7288. Please submit the application well in advance, at least six weeks ahead, of the training session you would like to take. If you have questions, please contact the Training Officer at (202) 481-3172.
Links to Advanced Training Courses
- National Domestic Preparedness Consortium Website
- Center for Domestic Preparedness
- Center for Domestic Preparedness Course Schedule
- Center for Domestic Preparedness Application and Medical Screening Form
- Counter Terrorism Operations Support (CTOS) Program
- Energetic Materials Research and Testing Center (EMRTC) New Mexico Tech (NMT)
- New Mexico Tech
- New Mexico Tech Course Schedule
- New Mexico Tech Incident Response to Terrorist Bombings Application
- New Mexico Tech Prevention and Response to Suicide Bombing Incidents Application
- National Center for Biomedical Research and Training, Academy of Counter-Terrorist Education at Louisiana State University Course Schedule
- Texas Engineering Extension Service
- Texas Engineering Extension Service Course Catalog
- Texas Engineering Extension Service Course Schedule
- U.S. Department of Energy National Nuclear Security Administration Nevada Test Site