As the Homeland Security and Emergency Management Agency's (HSEMA) Outreach and Engagement Team, our focus is to present a wide array of community engagement opportunities related to emergency preparedness. Our Team’s mission is to provide public awareness of emergency preparedness information to District residents, businesses and visitors through community training, social media and stakeholder engagement.
Our Community Outreach responsibilities include:
- Coordinating meetings, presentations and seminars
- Answering requests for information from citizens, partnering agencies and general public
- Managing the Agency’s language access program and training
- Serving as the Agency’s customer service unit
- Conducting awareness training for new District employees through the new hire orientation
- Supporting all of the other divisions of HSEMA.
Community Outreach Events
Every year the HSEMA Community Outreach staff hosts a number of special events throughout the Washington DC and region. Please visit our calendar for a list of events.
Our Community Outreach Event Calendar
Request a Community Outreach Event
HSEMA invites you to become involved in HSEMA's Commmunity Outreach programs and activities. Community Outreach staff are always willing to visit with and educate you about preparing for emergencies. To request assistance with your event in your workplace, school, community center or house of worship, please complete the Community Outreach Event Request Form.