The Homeland Security and Emergency Management Agency (HSEMA) serves as the State Administrative Agent (SAA) for the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) preparedness grant programs awarded to the District of Columbia and the National Capital Region (NCR) urban area. The SAA applies for homeland security and preparedness grants, serves as the point of contact with DHS and the Federal Emergency Management Agency on grant-related issues, and administers and manages grant funds to participating District and NCR jurisdictions and agencies.
General Grant Information
All District and NCR grants are administered in alignment with the following strategic plans:
District of Columbia Homeland Security and Emergency Management Strategy
National Capital Region Homeland Security Strategic Plan
Specific Grant Program Information
- Securing the Cities Program
- Nonprofit Security Grant Program
- FEMA Public Assistance - DC Government Agencies
- FEMA Public Assistance - Private Nonprofit Organizations
Grant Management Information
Homeland Security Strategic Plan
- District of Columbia Homeland Security Strategic Plan [pdf]
- National Capital Region Homeland Security Strategic Plan [pdf]
NCRGMS is a financial system for current subaward recipients to seek reimbursement from the SAA for expenses incurred in managing a subaward. Subaward recipients should contact their SAA program manager for access to the NCRGMS. to get access or help with the NCRGMS system.