About HSEMA's Internship Program
Applications for HSEMA's fall 2022 intern cohort are now OPEN.
HSEMA's internship program provides real-world knowledge and experience in emergency management, homeland security efforts, public affairs, and intelligence analysis. Our internship program seeks qualified graduate and undergraduate students who are majoring in a wide-variety of fields. A highly qualified applicant will possess the following: self-motivation, attention to detail, critical thinking skills, excellent oral and written communication skills, and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
In-Person Internship Opportunities
The application period is Monday, July 18 through Monday, August 8, 2022 at 11:59 pm EDT. Any applications submitted after this period will not be considered. HSEMA's fall internship session runs from Monday, September 12 through Friday, December 16, 2022. Additional details about the internship opportunities we have available are found in the advertisements below. Please send any questions regarding the internship program to [email protected].
- Division of Operations and Intelligence Fusion - Strategic Intelligence Bureau
- Division of Operations and Intelligence Fusion - Situational Intelligence Bureau
- Division of Operations and Intelligence Fusion - Preparedness Bureau
- Division of Operations and Intelligence Fusion - Readiness and Response, and Coordination Bureau
- Division of Mission Support - Resilience Bureau
- Division of Mission Support - Technology Innovation Bureau
- Executive Office - Office of Public Affairs
Internship Eligibility and Requirements
HSEMA is looking for candidates who are:
- Undergraduates (juniors or seniors) or graduate students
- In good academic standing with a minimum GPA of 2.5 at a U.S. college or university
- Enrolled in courses for the time of the internship.
*To apply, you must be a U.S. citizen. All applications are subject to a criminal background check.
HOW TO APPLY
Students must submit an application through our online portal by August 8, 2022 at 11:59 pm EDT. Application packages not containing each of the documents stated below will not be considered. Variations in forms submitted will automatically cause an applicant's rejection. Please submit any questions about the application process, via email, to [email protected].
- Letter of recommendation on official letterhead
- Upload a video/writing sample for the following prompt: What is an Emergency Management or Homeland Security issue that you would like to find a resolution to? (2 pages/2-minute maximum)
- Proof of enrollment, which may be supported by either (1) a transcript that indicates your anticipated graduation date, (2) a letter from school administration (NOT a professor) stating your anticipated graduation date and that you are in good standing, OR (3) a copy of your fall 2022 class schedule