About HSEMA's Internship Program
Applications for HSEMA's Spring 2024 intern cohort are now OPEN.
HSEMA's internship program provides real-world knowledge and experience in emergency management, homeland security efforts, public affairs, and intelligence analysis. Our internship program seeks qualified graduate and undergraduate students who are majoring in a wide-variety of fields. A highly qualified applicant will possess the following: self-motivation, attention to detail, critical thinking skills, excellent oral and written communication skills, and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
In-Person Internship Opportunities
The application period is Monday, November 13 through Monday, December 4, 2023 at 11:59 pm EST. Any applications submitted after this period will not be considered. HSEMA's spring internship session runs from Monday, February 5 through Friday, April 19, 2024. Additional details about the internship opportunities we have available are found in the advertisements below. Please send any questions regarding the internship program to [email protected].
- Division of Operations and Intelligence - Strategic Intelligence Bureau
- Division of Operations and Intelligence- Situational Awareness Bureau
- Division of Operations and Intelligence - Readiness, Response, Coordination Bureau
- Dission of Mission Support - Finance and Admin. Bureau
- Division of Mission Support - Resilience Bureau
- Executive Office - Office of Policy, Performance, and Data
- Executive Office - Office of External Affairs
Internship Eligibility and Requirements
HSEMA is looking for candidates who are:
- Undergraduates (juniors or seniors) or graduate students
- In good academic standing with a minimum GPA of 2.5 at a U.S. college or university
- Enrolled in courses for the time of the internship.
*To apply, you must be a U.S. citizen. All applications are subject to a criminal background check.
HOW TO APPLY
Students must submit an application through our online portal by December 4, 2023 at 11:59 pm EST. Application packages not containing each of the documents stated below will not be considered. Variations in forms submitted will automatically cause an applicant's rejection. Please submit any questions about the application process, via email, to [email protected].
- Upload a video/writing sample for the following prompt: What is an Emergency Management or Homeland Security issue that you would like to find a resolution to? (2 pages/2-minute maximum)
- Most recent transcript from current college or university