Whether it’s flooding, fire, or cyber-attacks, District businesses are vulnerable to a variety of hazards which can strike at any moment. Businesses that plan ahead are more prepared, more resilient, and most importantly, can avoid becoming a statistic. According to FEMA, 40% of businesses never recover after a disaster and 62% of business owners do not have an emergency plan in place.
The DC Homeland Security and Emergency Management Agency (HSEMA) manages an alliance of public-private partners committed to improving the District’s ability to prepare for, respond to, and recover from disasters. Through HSEMA’s Business Emergency Management Operations Center (BEMOC), DC Government is building the resilience needed to minimize the devastation and ensure our neighborhoods can recover quickly.
The BEMOC helps businesses:
- Prepare and make their business and employees more resilient to disasters
- Build partnerships with the private sector to facilitate a full community response
- Assist their community during a disaster
- Make informed decisions necessary to reopen after a disaster
As a BEMOC member you receive:
- Real-time information exchange with the public sector
- Training, exercises, and best practice program
- Technical assistance for business continuity
- Key information for long-term recovery
Become a BEMOC member today - email: [email protected].